Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Roasted Mustard and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin




I don't start teaching for another week, so I have some time to post good recipes before the daily grind starts again. What I love about this pork recipe is that it is super easy to prepare and I can let it sit for a few hours in the refrigerator and it just gets better. We used a lean pork tenderloin, but I'm sure you could do this with any cut of pork, or chicken for that matter. I stole the recipe from Epicurious and paired it with Angela's easy risotto.



6 T coarse ground dijon mustard
1 T fresh rosemary (I added more because our rosemary plant is huge)
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 T olive oil
6 cloves garlic
1/2 t crushed bay leaves
1 to 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin

Preheat oven to 375. Mix first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Pat pork tenderloin dry. Salt and pepper pork. Rub marinade on pork.


I let the pork sit in the refrigerator for two hours, but you can bake it right away. I baked the pork right in the baking dish as you can see above but you could also put it on a rack in the baking dish--that would probably give you a better crust.


Place pork in oven. We baked ours for 45 minutes and it was perfectly done, but depending on the size the time would need to be adjusted. The internal temp (we are food thermometer people) should be about 150.


As I mentioned before, this was wonderfully paired with Angela's easy parmesan risotto.


No comments:

Post a Comment