- 4 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in the polenta.
- Add the salt and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and butter. Mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Note: These directions did not say to turn down the heat, but I did anyway after I whisked in the Polenta. Even with the heat on Medium the Polenta started spitting out of the pot at me. I took it off the heat completely and then just put it back on simmer and it turned out fine. Also, one cup of Polenta should be 4 servings.