Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rosemary and Lemon Cupcakes (Better Homes and Gardens)
I made these for Easter and they were a hit! I thought they'd be more like muffins, but when you add the glaze they truly are like cupcakes. I guess you could eliminate the glaze and it would become a muffin. As usual, I have no pictures.

1/2 C butter, softened (let sit out for 30 minutes before baking)
2 eggs (let sit out for 30 minutes before baking)
1 3/4 C cake flour. I couldn't find cake flour so I used normal, everyday flour
2 t finely snipped fresh rosemary--next time I make these I will double the rosemary
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 C granulated sugar
1 1/2 t lemon extract
1/2 t vanilla
2/3 C milk
2 t finely shredded lemon peel
2 T lemon juice
1 recipe lemon glaze (at the end of the cupcake recipe)
Heat oven to 350

1. Line muffin cups with bake cups, or if you are using mini muffin tins, spray with non-stick cooking spray
2. Combine flour, rosemary, baking powder, and salt; set aside
3. In large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium high 30 seconds. Add sugar, lemon extract, and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes (Med-hi) until light and fluffy
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
5. Alternately add flour mixture and milke to butter mixture, beat on low after each just until blended. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice. (Here I thought the batter looked too runny, but it was just fine)
6. Spoon into muffin tins and bake 22-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Mini muffins will bake about 15-18 minutes. cool in muffin tins on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.

Lemon glaze:
Mix 1 C powdered sugar and enough lemon juice to attain spreading consistency. Add lemon peel to glaze if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment